Home page link

Sheep's Head National School

Category: 

Now a private home, this was once the Sheep's Head National school, opened in 1909 to replace the older school at Caher. In 1925 131 children were on the roll but a falling population saw the closure of the school in 1968. Children were then bused to Kilcrohane NS.

Related site:

Caher School

Nearby sites:

Toberanorane, holy well

Ringfort, Letter West

Townland: 
Caher - stone fort
Location: 
Right on the side of the road - parking available at Alice West Museum