Home page link

Lord Bandon's Folly

Category: 
Ornamental tower

This ornamental tower, or folly, was built around 1847 by Lord Bandon as famine relief, the labourers getting 1d a day. It was originally three storeys high but is now  a rather melancholy shell looking out across Dunmanus Bay.

Townland: 
Dromnea - ridge of deer
Location: 
Easily seen on main road from Ahakista to Kilcrohane, though actual site is on private land
References: 
V842 380